Sunday, July 05, 2009

40 Miles


DSCN0344
Originally uploaded by lpcardsfan

I signed up for the L.A.T.E. Ride this past week. 25 miles over night. I haven't been on a long ride all year. Maybe hit 15 miles one time. So I had to know if I could do it.

I set out thinking about doing 25ish miles. My place (2 blocks from Wrigley Field) to Museum Of Science And Industry and back. I got to the museum and decided that the end of the Bike Path is only a couple more miles and I've never gone that far. So on down to the end. Then on past the end until I was at the end of the bike path and next to the South Shore Cultural Center. Grabbed a swig of water, turned around and headed back.

Sometime before I reached 47th Street I decided I was going to do the whole path. That means back up to Hollywood, top of LSD. I wasn't riding hard I just getting into a groove in a reasonable gear. If I found myself going too fast I'd slow up. Made it to the north end of the path. Another swig of water and undoing the wedgie.

Turned south and headed home. Damn head win! I knew it was there riding south to the end of the path but now I had about 35 miles on my legs and I'm really not liking it.

When I got home I was certainly tired but not terribly winded. The L.A.T.E. ride won't be a problem. Other than the total lack of sleep. The worst part is my shoulders and neck. Holding your self up for 40 miles (just under 3 hours) and keeping your head up in that position really puts a strain on.

A bottle of wine (Hey! I deserve it. And one of those Ding Dongs I bought) is helping.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

I imagine that wine and ding dongs can cure most things. :)

6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home