Tuesday, June 01, 2010

CSA, Week 3

CSA, Week 3

A full share spread across a 4' counter. I get half of that.

  • asparagus
  • green garlic
  • spinach
  • kale
  • bok choy
  • lettuce
  • salad mix
  • chives
  • sage
  • dill



As I mentioned last week, eating lots of salads. Even though I said I was looking forward to more variety I am really enjoying the greens. They have a good earthy flavor and are very fresh and crisp. I've been thinking that they taste better than any salad I've made with grocery store veggies. Still I have been somewhat attributed that to knowing where they came from and that I was "believing" they were better. Then this past weekend I had a bbq and put out a greens salad using up the week old stuff I had. Several people not knowing the provenance of the veggies commented on how good the salad was. Maybe there's something to it.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

Cool beans! :)

I got some strawberries from the French Market last week, and I swear, they were the best damn strawberries I've ever eaten! My coworker said the same thing.

Locally grown = awesome! :)

P.S. My favorite salad dressings are Wishbone Creamy Caesar (not the light--eww!) and the oils & vinegars from Old Town Oil (I LOVE that place, and the strawberry balsamic vinegar is to die for!! :) ).

2:07 PM  
Blogger Eric said...

I love Caesar dressings. I'll have to give that one a try.

This should make anyone want to eat organic (local) berries. I'm having all kinds of qualms over the store bought strawberries in my 'fridge after reading it.

2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home