Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Good Meeting

After a rather contentious meeting yesterday one of my coworkers said, "Good meeting," and chuckled.  I'm curious as to what he was basing that statement on.

Was it that 3 participants got lost and couldn't find conference room and we started 15 minutes late?  Or...

Was it that the 3 accountants scheduled to attend couldn't be bothered to make the trip to the 3rd floor and instead dialed in from 19th floor and clearly were not paying attention?  Not paying attention to the meeting about invoicing, getting paid, and balancing the books.  Or...

Was it that your presentation assumed everyone "knew" everything we did?  They didn't and we had to backtrack and lost 10 minutes to get them up to speed.   Or...

Was it that it became painfully clear to the clients that the project staff involved: he, myself, the IT project manager and the Client sponsor, don't understand how the company actually invoices external vendors?  That became obvious because...

We determined that the system as designed, designed with him in attendance at state meetings for the past 6 months, our company will have no way to balance the corporate general ledger on a month-to-month basis?  This despite - and I can't believe he actually said this out lout do the client - that another company involved pushed back at the state on this very issue!  Or...

Was it that the meeting ended at 12PM as scheduled and he was able to go to the gym?

Probably the latter, huh?

2 Comments:

Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

LOL! Wow, you have a sucky job at times, don't ya'? :) Sorry, dude.

5:58 PM  
Blogger Eric said...

You know, really, it's not all bad. True, in the recent past I've had to work with a person I think of as mostly incompetent.

Still, the job is relatively easy - to the point that I wish I was more challenged - but I get to set my own hours, my boss is laid back, my commute is short and easy, and I get paid quite a bit of money.

Like a lot in life, the bad things tend to stick out and make me want to talk / write about them.

I should make an effort to talk about the good things more often. Not just work but other aspects too.

7:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home