Wednesday, July 27, 2011

It's What's For Dinner

We start on Saturday with a pork loin and some veggies. Marinated the pork loin in a jerk flavored marinade for several hours. I then placed it in a baking pan with chopped carrots, turnips, and onion halves. I topped the pork with the green stems from the onions.

Prepped


I placed that in the oven preheated to 375 degrees. I couldn't tell you how long it cooked now. Probably 40 minutes or so. The important thing is to have a meat thermometer. Stop when the thick part of the pork is medium to medium rare. Remember, the meat will continue to cook for a few minutes after you pull it.

The end product.

Out Of Oven


I sliced off a couple pieces, spooned some veggies and had with some chianti. It was a good meal but I would use a different marinade next time. I've used it on the grill before but not the oven. It completely over powered the veggies and was even very strong on the meat. Still a good meal though.

DSC_1704


Tonight I had a hankering for Mexican but I still had an end of the loin left. So I shredded it and made nachos with some lettuce, half a tomato, a green onion and far too much delicious, delicious cheese.

Pork Nachos

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home