Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Looking For Good News

Last night I was feeling a little blue. It's that time of year for me. I'm used to dealing with it. And this year there's some girl issues. Or, lack of girl issues. Or, something. Its not clear what is going on on that front. And thinking about everything I had read during the day it wasn't hard to figure out why I was feeling down. I hadn't read any good news the whole day. So I decided I needed to find some.

Being lazy, I googled "good news." I shouldn't be surprised but it wasn't until the bottom of the second page that I found a web site that wasn't Christian related and leaning, some times heavily leaning, towards the right side of the political spectrum.

Today, I decided to be a little less lazy. I read through the headlines on the the Yahoo! news site. And I found a couple of things that made me feel good.

50+ New Animal and Plant Species
Over 50 new specied have been discovered in Borneo in the past year. The article has the requisite warnings about shrinking habitat but new scientific knowledge and reasons for conservation are always good news.

Senator Johnson is conscious
South Dakota Senator Tim Johnson has been conscious and is showing signs of recovery. He has responded to voices and has shown some motor control of his arms and eyes. I won't pretend not to care about the political consequences but I'm happy that the MAN, not the senator, is recovering.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home