Thursday, December 13, 2007

Back On Two Wheels

The last couple of weeks I've spent on the CTA. It's not been much fun. One day I had a 35 minute wait for a 151 bus while 4 156 buses rumbled on by. Either winter storms, the threat of winter storms, or just plain laziness has kept me off the bike. I promised myself last night that I was going to ride today.

I got up, bundled up, and got on the bike. I thought I'd give Lincoln Park and the lake front path a try. I got the park and no go. My little Italian girl just doesn't navigate the snow, ice, and slush well on her high heels. We fought our way south and took Dearborn and Clark south into The Loop.

I didn't time it but taking the streets felt quicker than the lake front path. The only thing I can think is that I was riding quite a bit quicker on the street so that I was closer to the pace of the automobile traffic. And it is helpful that my Italian girl likes to run.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home