Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Opening Day(s)

Well that sucked!

Monday the Cardinals opened against the Colorado Rockies. The Cards jumped to an early 5-1 lead but then came the rain. The game was postponed. the only good thing to be said about that is that I got to watch the make up game last night. But I could have easily dealt with not seeing the game in exchange for a win. The Cards fell 2-1 last night.

One play of note that stood out to me. Far be it from me to question Tony LaRussa, Super GeniusTM, but with no outs, Chris Duncan, of the tortoise clan, on first and Albert Pujols, of the MVP clan, up to bat, I think I think I'd sit on my hands and let them do their thing. Instead, after Big Al works a 3 and 2 count, Tony calls for a hit and run?!? Big Al swings at a questionable pitch to strike out. Duncan was easily thrown out at second.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home