Tuesday, November 18, 2008

First Attempt At Salsa

For quite a while now I've wanted to try my hand at making salsa. A couple years back Mom even gave me a book with salsa recipes. But I didn't have a food processor and never really thought about buying one. Then I got a Magic Bullet when I moved into the condo.

A lady at work brings in home made salsa on occasion and it is some of the best I've had. She doesn't have a exact recipe but she told me what she uses. "tomato, Onion, garlic, cilantro, jalapeƱo and Serrano peppers, fresh squeezed lime juice salt"

I gave it a go today.
~20 cherry tomatoes
1 medium/large tomato
~20 cilantro leaves
1 clove of garlic
1 serrano, pitted
1 jalapeno, pitted
1 lime squeezed

The verdict.
  • I need to get a little better with the processor. The salsa isn't chunky enough.
  • It needs more tomato
  • It needs another clove or two of garlic
  • I FORGOT THE ONION!!! It was sitting right there in front of me.
  • Too much lime
  • It is quite tasty and has a nice after burn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home