Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Random Thoughts From Election Day

If I believed in a god I would be convinced she wanted Obama to win. He scheduled a huge outdoor rally in Chicago in November. It has been sunny and warm since Sunday. The ground is drying and the rally goers will be comfortable. Clearly Obama has been touched by His Noodly Appendage.


About the rally, the city suggested that businesses have people stay home. I don't know of any businesses that let people have the day off but it feels like a lot people took the initiative themselves. Walking around at lunch time and saw relatively very few people out and about. A lot of those I did see were touristy types taking pictures.


The city announced that people should not drive downtown to the rally. They suggest using remote parking facilities. Like O'Hare!


I can't believe how fully vested I feel in this election. I'm edgy and can't concentrate on anything else. I'm reading all kinds of blogs and comments looking for people's stories of voting and their observations. I'm useless at work. I should have stayed home. If we party too hard tonight I might take tomorrow off.


Mom said it took her 50 minutes to vote in St. Paul, MN this morning. No hiccups. My brother voted early last Thursday.


I voted straight Green Party for the Water Reclamation District. After voting no on retention of judges listed as Not Qualified I alternated Yes/No because voting for judges is Teh Stoopid.


There's a report that more volunteers are showing up at Obama field offices than promised.


For your election night party planning, here's a map of when the polls close in various states. On NPR they said some news organizations are expecting to call the election long before the all the polls close.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home