Monday, April 20, 2009

Random Baseball


Don't we all. Don't we all.



Annnnnnnnd, we're off!

  • 04/06: And here we go again. Games in the first week of April scheduled in cold weather cities without domes while warm weather teams play each other. This comment does ring true though:
    What I've heard is that NOBODY wants these early dates, not because of weather issues and possible cancellations, but because the crowds are smaller until summer rolls in and kids are out of school.

    So, owners pass around these horrible, money-losing dates around like a crotchedy old uncle that no one wants but everyone has to take a turn in hosting.


  • 04/08: Cardinal rookie Colby Rasmus, a top prospect throughout baseball, got his first major league hit last night. Time out was called and the ball was tossed to Joel Piniero in the dugout who proceeded to toss the ball to a kid in the front row. Or not?

  • 04/09: A sad story. Angels pitcher Nick Adenhart died in a car wreck hours after his first start of the 2009 season.

  • 04/14: Why does it always come in 3s? Nick Adenhart, Harry Kalas, HOF broadcaster, and Detroit pitcher Mark "the Bird" Fidrych the 1976 AL Rookie Of The Year.

  • 04/15:The MLB network came on the air in January and is part of my cable package. It is on every day at my place. I refer to it as crack.

  • 04/15:Iwanski has his predictions up. I don't do them because I don't feel I know the teams well enough. Still I think he's nutters to pick KC on top of the AL Central and to go to the Series. And before Carpenter got hurt last night I would have said my Cardinals had a good shot at ruining his summer. Less so now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home