Tuesday, April 14, 2009

So Here's A Question

At lunch today one of the guys pointed to a set of mother and daughters and laughed, "Ha. They went to America's Girl."

The only reason I know about America's Girl is because there is the store just off Michigan Ave. And people like my friends and I make fun of it and gufaw at the amount of money spent. (I'm told it is ridiculously expensive.)

But here's my question, how do people find out about America's Girl? I've never seen a single ad for the company be it on TV, on the radio, or in a magazine. It doesn't have a Nickelodeon or Disney TV show that I've ever heard of. I don't know when I first learned of this company but it was no more than 10 years ago. As far as I know they didn't exist in my childhood (70s and 80s).

You can tell me word of mouth, essentially how I learned about it, but there has to be a beginning somewhere. Someone had to be the first. How did those first people learn about it and start buying them?

1 Comments:

Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

It started with these children's books about the "American Girls" that became really popular. They're actually good books for getting young girls interested in history. (Then of course the store took all of the educational value out of it.)

8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home