Thursday, April 02, 2009

Side Biz

In our office we have a couple of vending machines. One sells soda and water the other junk food snacks. Our company has a little cafeteria on another floor with a larger selection of vending machine food and a little counter where you can buy coffee in a Styrofoam cup.

About month or two ago a new contractor was brought in. She sits in the cube next to me. She has one of those refrigerator boxes of Tab soda on the edge of her cube. THe box that is designed for the cans to roll to the front. On the box she has a sticky note that says simply, "Tab 35¢".

Now if you don't want to share your soda I get that. It's more or less perfectly safe on your desk. It kind of blows my mind that she's actually "selling" soda at her desk. I'd have to review the employee handbook but I don't think running a side business out of your cube is approved activity.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

I'm sooo glad I don't have any coworkers like that. :)

8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home