Friday, June 05, 2009

Well.... Sh*t!

I just heard on NPR (which makes it official) that my local Jewel on Southport is closing down at the end of the month. It will be rebuilt stronger, faster, and with more parking. Ultimately, that's better but it's not scheduled to reopen until Fall 2010.

The store is two blocks from my condo. It's walkable. And one big reason I live in the city is that I greatly prefer to walk places. The next closest place is probably the Whole Paycheck at Ashland and School but that's a doubling of the price and tripling of the walk. Not that I mind the walk but at -5 Farenheit in January it sucks. After that it's probably over to Addison and Broadway where there's another Jewel and a Treasure Island.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

Man oh man, don't you hate that when that happens?? Since we've lived here in Chi-town, we've lost a lot of our favorite restaurants and stores. It's a hazard of living in the city. Thank God the Walgreen's is still close by! :)

5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home