Thursday, March 18, 2010

It might be... It could be...

...

I thought it was and then I thought it wasn't. I haven't had much confidence the past several months. I couldn't think of anything useful to say and just kind of felt dejected when I thought about it.

Then Dennis flipped yesterday. He's whipping votes today.

And the CBO report (pdf) came out today.

  • 31,000,000 more people covered. 95% of the non-elderly legal population
  • No rescinding coverage if you get sick
  • No denying coverage or excessive premiums for pre existing conditions
  • $130,000,000,000 in deficit reduction in the first 10 years
  • $1,200,000,000,000 in deficit reduction in the second 10 years


The bill isn't perfect and it hasn't yet been passed, but today, for the first time in a long time, I'm hopeful we'll actually get health care reform!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

Me, too! I'm excited. :)

6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home