Friday, December 23, 2011

A New(er) Car

I sold the BMW to a friend who wanted a winter car. We're in the process of getting the title switched over. I know it is weird feeling attachment to an inanimate object but I had her for 8 years and kind of miss her.

I've got a new mistress to fall in love with now. And here she is.

My New Ride


She's is a 2005 Cadillac CTS-V. It is a sharp car that is an awesome drive. The increase in power (400 bhp in the Caddy versus 190 bhp in the BMW) is staggering. If I mash the gas pedal to the floor in the Caddy I have to be sure it's clear in front of me. She's quite possibly one of the fastest cars I've ever driven.

For all that speed she's got softer handling than the BMW. It's taking a bit of getting used to. I can't throw her into turns like the BMW, or at least I don't have the confidence to do so yet. The wet and borderline freezing weather conditions so far this week definitely puts a damper on feeling for the edges.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home