Monday, October 23, 2006

Post Game 2

No Sleep For The Weary. Been awake since 2:30 AM. I woke up about then and never fell back asleep. It's going to make for a long day.

Alright, after two World Series games my Cardinals are tied with the Tigers 1-1. In game one, rookie Anthony Reyes pitched 8.1 innings and gave up only two runs. It was a hell of a performance. The Cards stole the opener in Detroit with a final score of 7-2.

Yesterday the Cats came back with the old man, Kenny Rogers. Rogers has been on fire all season and literally unhittable in the post season. When did this 40+ year old man learn to pitch? He hasn't been nearly this good throughout his career. Unfortunatley for the Cards he is that good this year and worse he's a lefty. I don't get it but the Cards, with a predominantly right handed line up, can not hit lefties. We did threaten in the top of the ninth.

The bases were juiced and the man at the plate was the winning run. That man... Yadier Molina. In my mind this was a suspect call on Tony's part. Yeah, Yadier has been HOT in the post but one has to figure his numbers will come back down at some point. Just the inning before he had been hit in the groin with a bounced pitch. Is this the man you have come to the plate when you're threatening to steal a second game on the road. If it was me, knowning what I know sitting on my bar stool, I would have sent Chris Duncan to the plate. But I'm not Tony and they don't pay me to make those kind of decisions.

Yadi grounded to short. Cats win, 3-1. We go back to Busch for three starting Tuesday.

CORRECTION: The final score was 3-1. I originally said 4-1. Yadi wasn't the go ahead run. That run was Preston Wilson on 1st base.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home