Monday, October 30, 2006

World Series Champs!

OK. I was wrong. Happily so! Not only did the series only go 5 games when I predicted 6, but more importantly the Cardinals Won!

I know I'm going to be hearing for a long time how the Tigers handed the Cards the series. I tend to disagree. Yes, the Tigers played sloppy baseball. I think they had 7 or 8 errors, 5 throwing errors by their pitchers. Yes, the Tigers made mistakes, but the Cards made hay out of them.

And the Cards were a different team than what people thought. David Eckstien, series MVP, and Jim Edmonds came back. Edmonds, who I fear is probably at the end of his career, showed that he is still a clutch player. He got key hits and walks when needed. And our pitching staff was excellent! Carpenter, Suppan, and Weaver were all excellent and our relievers gave up very, very few hits and fewer runs.

On paper Detroit may have been a better team but games, as they say, aren't played on paper. The Cardinals were the better team in the 2006 World Series. And they are the 2006 World Series Champions!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home