Friday, February 09, 2007

Pillow Angel

As a follow up to a post from some time ago Salon follows up on the case of a Seattle hospital stunting the growth of a young girl with severe brain development issues. The most disturbing sentence for me comes on the second page.
Already at least three other families have approached doctors at the Seattle hospital, asking them to create their own Pillow Angels, according to McLaughlin.

This whole procedure is frought with issues some of which I outlined. I admit to not knowing all the details of this case but my gut reaction continues to be that this was an immoral procedure. The fact that the ethics board at the hospital struggled with the decision more than originally implied does little to comfort me.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home