Tuesday, November 20, 2007

I was asked, so I predict

A friend of mine has challenged a group of us to predict the presidential tickets for both the Republicans and Democrats for 2008. The one who gets it right wins a free dinner at the restuarant of his/her choice. The deadline for entries is November 20th.

The Deadline has arrived... and I'm clueless.

Two weeks ago I was convinced I knew who the players were going to be. Today, I feel like I'm throwing darts with a blind fold on. Clinton is slipping but will have staying power. Obama is surging but may not have the strength to hold on. Giuliani, who I was convinced was going to win two weeks ago, is in 3rd place in polling in both NH and IA. Romney is dominating in both states and has boat loads of cash, but I can't see him surviving The South. I have no idea how NV will play on the national polls being sandwiched between IA and NH.

The one thing I feel I can say decisively is that Mike Huckabee is going to finish a very strong 2nd in Iowa (if Romney some how collapses, Huckabee will win IA).

My officially submitted prediction:
Gopper Ticket
prez: Rudy Giuliani
vp: Mike Huckabee

Democratic Ticket
prez: Barak Obama
vp: Mike Easley

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home