Monday, December 17, 2007

So Long, Jimmy!


The Cardinals traded centerfielder Jim Edmonds to San Diego for a single A third base prospect.

For 8 years he has anchored the team providing incredible defense and power from the left side of the plate. Yes, I've been openly concerned about his declining numbers but he has always remained one of my favorite players. He's always been a gamer. You knew he wanted to be in the game and wanted to be at the plate with the game on the line.

Yes, I'm sad to see him go to another team. I would have liked to seen him retire a Cardinal. But the move makes sense. The team has a plethora of young outfielders and moving Edmonds frees up about $8 million in salary. I hope to see us get a quality starting pitcher for that kind of money.

Thanks, Jimmy! It's been a blast.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home