Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Let Him Rot

I was a big supporter of what Ryan did with commuting death penalty sentences and instituting the moratorium (side note, one of the few positives I attribute to Blago is keeping the moratorium in place). I know a lot of people tried to attribute any number of motivations for Ryan's actions but what ever they were he did something very good. For that I have no problem with people nominating him for the Nobel Peace Prize or any other prizes.

But the commutation request and Durbin's role in it is what John Kass calls the Combine. I see it as nothing more than Illinois politicians, a notoriously corrupt group of people, covering each other's asses. I'm sorry his wife is ill but I think Ryan should serve out his full sentence and if he dies in jail so be it. In fact, that might even be better. The corruption in Illinois and Chicago runs long and deep. Those invovled need to see there are consequences. Ryan is the best example we have at the moment. Hopefully others will follow.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

Sorry, but I have to disagree with you here. He's old, he's done some time, and his wife is sick. The sympathy card works on me, I guess--because I totally sympathize with his family.

By the way, I think you might enjoy Iwanski's internet radio show on Tuesday nights at 8 PM central, on boskeyradiowest.com. They talk a lot about politics and other interesting/amusing stuff...plus it would be totally cool to hear you call in with a comment such as the interesting stuff you post on your blog! :)

10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home