Monday, December 01, 2008

Gifting


It's that time of year again.

I really don't mind buying gifts for people. I like to do it randomly for unknown reasons or no reason at all. But I hate doing it when I'm told I have to. You know. Like at Christmas. I have multiple reasons for disliking the holidays that have nothing to do with gift giving but one is that I'm EXPECTED to give people gifts because everyone tells me I have to. And all based on some hokey superstition that I don't believe in.

Now this year is proving to be a little more interesting. There's the Current Girl and its been a few years since I was dating someone in December. When exactly we started dating is a little vague (there's one of those special, required gift giving occasions I'll miss) but it has been long enough that I'll get her something. Now, her family is Jewish but her birthday is the 10th. I already know what I'm going to get her. I won't say what on the chance she finds the blog.

But we've been having this conversation about gift giving and I've been telling her about my aversion and frustrations around Christmas gift giving. I think I'm giving her the impression that I won't be giving any gifts. I've tried to convey that I do give gifts but I'm not sure I'm getting the idea across well.

1 Comments:

Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

You're just a big ole' Scrooge, aren't ya'? LOL! :)

I know what you mean, though, about "having to" buy gifts. But I still like it. And I'm a girl, so...as Kevin on "The Office" said, "Women be shoppin'." :)

10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home