Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Inclusion!



Obama tells the right wing nutters to stuff it, LP Cards Fan is a real American.

I stayed home to watch the proceedings with The Lawyer yesterday. Several things I thought about posting something but I was just soaking it in and ultimately everything I thought about posting just didn't seem that important.

The speech was excellent even by Obama's high standards. There were so many important moments in it that I find a hard time picking out one moment that is more important than any other. Respecting the rule of law, reinstituting regulation, prospering by not just favoring the already properous, addressing global climate change, restoring the preeminence of science. All those are critical. I guess the one moment - if not the most important - that stood out to me was,
For we know that our patchwork heritage is a strength, not a weakness. We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, of Jews and Hindus, and non-believers. We are shaped by every language and culture, drawn from every end of this Earth...

I can't ever recall a moment when a prominent politican has acknowledged atheists in a positive manner. It was a moment when the leader of my country acknowledged the importance of my existence.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

Awesome, dude! :)

9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home