Thursday, January 08, 2009

More Randomness


  • 31D in Monday's crossword, 4 letter word, "Detroit athlete." Answer "Lion" Seems suspect.
  • I've noticed that Pot Belly's is making an attempt to monopolize the eating habits of Brown Line riders. They have restaurants at State and Lake, Diversy, Belmont, and Southport that I know of. And a 2 restaurants within about 4 blocks from the Fullerton stop.
  • On the subject, over the holiday break I got off the train at Belmont and walked east to Clark. I didn't recognize the block. It's become respectable. Half-million dollar condos, a Pot Belly's and a Jamba Juice.
  • If you are not fully shackled to the Apple Corp and your iPod and you happen to be looking for an MP3 player I can strongly recommend you PASS OVER the Sansa SanDisk. The problems and frustrations and numerous. First, when playing randomly ffrom the full music list the player locks up. It keeps playing music but if you hit a song you don't want to hear at the time the chances are the controls won't respond. Second, you can't charge the player and listen at the same time. Third, when do charge the player it turns on. When you unplug the charger the player stays on. If you don't realize this and leave it sit after a recharge you end up draining the battery. Fourth, it has the iPod style scroll wheel but it won't scroll backwards from beginning to end. Meaning I can't scroll backwards from the 'A' songs to the 'Z' songs. Put a few thousand songs on the player and then try to play, "You Shook Me All Night Long."

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

That MP-3 player sounds like a HUGE pain in the ass.

I personally like Zen players. I have the Zen Mozaic (I think it's called), and it works really well.

1:33 PM  
Blogger LP Cards Fan said...

I think it overheard my post. The display screen went black last night. It came back this morning but I can take a hint.

Does your Zen have an FM tuner? That's one of my requirements. I actually probably use it more as a radio than as an MP3 player.

1:51 PM  
Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

Yep, it does have an FM tuner...sounds much better than your p.i.t.a.! :)

6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home