Thursday, March 12, 2009

Allow Me To Introduce You

To the Willis Tower.

Sears and 311 South Wacker building

The Associates Building's renaming as the Stone Container Building took but it isn't that iconic. Lots of people only know it as the Adventures In Babysitting Building anyway.
Associates Building

It took years for Amoco Building to become known as the Aon Center. I know quite a few people that still refer to it as Amoco or even Standard Oil.
Aon Center

How many locals say they are going to US Cellular Park? Most I know still refer to it as Comiskey or generically as Sox Park. And with the possible exception of a building at 1060 W Addison there's nothing as iconic as the Sears Tower. I predict this renaming will not take.

UPDATE: Ultimately, I think Zorn is correct. People will eventually change but I think this one will take a long time.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

I ALWAYS call the Stone Container Building "Daddy's building!" because of that movie. *grin*

And yep, it's still Comiskey to me.

Oh and also, it will always be the Sears Tower. Screw those Willis people.

8:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home