Monday, April 06, 2009

Random Baseball


It's the 2nd week of Spring Training as I start this. Not too much is going on so I'm going to post date this until opening day.


  • 03/03: Jerome Sacharski, a pioneer in bring t-ball to the forefront passed away of natural causes. RIP
  • 03/03: Last week Manny turned down a deal from the Dodgers that would delay payments of some of his exorbitant salary. As far as I know, the Dodgers are the only ones talking to Manny. After making $160M on his last contract does he really need all this money up front?
  • It looks like both the Cardinals and the Yuck The Fankees will start the season without their starting 3rd basemen.
  • On the subject of A-Rod... I know this is an unpopular position but I say let the athletes use the drugs of their choice. It makes no difference to me. My hatred of Bonds and Sosa has nothing to do with their steroid use. The two were just asses.
  • 04/06: The Atlanta Braves took down defending World Series Champion Philadelphia Phillies last night in MLB's season opener. I had people over for dinner to watch the game. With the conversation going on I didn't hear Morgan say anything completely stupid. I'm sure it probably happened. In the next week or two I'll here it. The main course last night was baked salmon with tomato and pineapple salsa (someone else's picture above). Very easy to do and was a HUGE hit.
  • 04/06: The White Sox home opener has been postponed due to the wintry weather in Chicago today. My Cardinals open in Pittsburgh this afternoon. Maybe. The storm should that was here yesterday should be on its way there. The Cubs are in Houston tonight.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

Dude, if you get a chance, check out Iwanski's baseball predictions at johniwanski.com. I think you might find some of it amusing. :)

9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home