Tuesday, May 19, 2009

When Are You Allowed To Come Out And Play?


I sent an email to a recently married friend yesterday telling him that I liked the new Star Trek movie and would recommend it. He wrote back saying he heard it was good, even from people not expected to like it, but he'd have to wait for video since he could never get his wife to go see it.

It's only been a couple weeks so I understand (on some level) that going out independently is not necessarily in the cards at this point. But more generally, at what point does a member of a married couple get permission to go out on his/her own?

I suppose I shouldn't even ask at what point does one accommodate their partner and attend something that they may not like particularly but will make their partner happy?

1 Comments:

Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

Um, yeah--I agree with you. And how about going to the movie with a friend other than your spouse? :)

11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home