Friday, July 31, 2009

Boycotting

I think the first blogger I ever started reading was the Grand Poobah, Andrew Sullivan. I've followed him through multiple host sites, through high and low times, and through times he was driving me nuts. He's been right. He's been wrong. But almost always thoughtful.

He's been a light in the darkness about Bush's torture regime. He was on board full time when it came to the Iranian election. And this past week he had several good posts highlighting the abuse of power by police forces around the country.

His manic obsession with Palin and her son's parentage made me cut back on Andrew but I weathered it because he was still worth the read. This week he jumped feet first into the birther camp demanding Obama produce a birth certificate. It is a bull shit argument that won't matter to those making the demands. They HATE HATE HATE Obama. If were able to produce consecutive video footage of every second of his life from birth until today they won't be satisfied. He could produce a certificate and they won't be satisfied. It doesn't matter because it is fueled by hate.

Sully getting on board in their camp for whatever reason (and I don't think he really questions the president's citizenship) is unacceptable. I've stopped reading him the day the post went up. I've changed the link on the side panel. At some point I will probably return but it will be a while.

1 Comments:

Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

Good for you! You're right, that is just B.S.

7:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home