Monday, July 05, 2010

Escaped From A Black Hole

Saturday afternoon I got back from errands and I found a folded sheet of paper on the floor with this recipe:

Pasta Salad
1 lb tricolor corkscrew pasta
1 can black olives
1 can hearts of palm
1 can artichoke hearts
1 large red onion
1 ea. red pepper, orange pepper, yellow pepper
Jan's Yummy Dressing

Jan's Yummy Dressing
2/3 cup olive oil
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 - 2 tbsp dijon mustard
fresh basil
dried oregano and basil
1 tsp salt
pepper
4 - 5 cloves of garlic


It is a recipe I know well. Every time I've made it and taken it to a party it is a hit. I've distributed the recipe numerous times. The first time my sister-in-law made it she had never used fresh garlic before and didn't know the difference between cloves and bulbs. She gave up after two. To say that the house stunk of garlic would be an understatement. The pasta actually burned the mouth a little bit and every last bit was eaten.

What is interesting here is the paper with the recipe on it. I didn't make up this recipe. It was given to me by an ex-girlfriend, The Drummer, back about 2002. The piece of paper I found was in her hand writing. It was the original copy given to me.

It's been 7+ years since we broke up. I've moved four times since then. Until Saturday I had no clue I still had this sheet of paper. For the life of me I don't know where it was, where it came from, or how it ended up on the hallway floor.

(Jan was The Drummer's roommate and band mate. Last I knew, maybe 18 months ago, they were still living together in a new apartment and playing together.)

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

That IS weird--but the recipe does look good. :)

10:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home