Monday, November 15, 2010

Purity



One's just right.  Two's too many.  Three's not enough

The Calc Teacher and I  were having a good dinner out Saturday night.  When we arrived we had to wait about 20 minutes before our table was ready.  Not a problem for us.  We just popped into the bar for a couple drinks.

Now I don't drink them often but before a good dinner I enjoy a martini.  I ordered a "Tangueray martini.  Dirty, dry, no olives."  The bartender asked if I wanted it straight up or on the rocks.

Personally I feel the only martini is a gin martini.  I accept a martini made with vodka.  Honestly, it's hard to argue with James Bond.  I have issues with all these flavored drinks people call martinis but that's the way drinking culture has become.  Cosmopolitans, appletinis and the like are just mixed drinks served in a martini glass.

But on the rocks!??!?  No, no, no!  Unacceptable.  100%, completely unacceptable.  Anyone ordering a martini on the rocks should be served a glass of coke and sent to the kiddie table.

1 Comments:

Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

Ha ha! I wouldn't have known that. Thank you for educating me about martinis. :)

7:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home