Sunday, August 07, 2011

Mmmmmm, Enchiladas!

Beef Enchiladas
It's what's for dinner.


These are ground beef. I chopped a medium white onion, a couple cloves of garlic and tiny lil' hot pepper (its all I had). Through those in a pan with some olive oil and set them to sauteeing. I crumbled the beef over it, ~ 1.2 lbs, put in a tablespoon of chili powder and teaspoon of cumin. Some salt and pepper to taste.

Meanwhile I started another pan with a dash of olive oil and heated it. The shells (unfortunately flour shells because Wrigleyville = cracker) I tossed in for a about10 - 15 seconds per side. Really trying to loosen 'em up so they'll wrap without ripping.

Once the beef was cooked through I scooped a beef into the shells and sprinkled some cheese in. I used shredded sharp Cheddar and a 3-cheese Mexican blend from one or other of the major cheese companies. I wish I had Chihuahua for this but alas I had none in the house.

Beef and sprinkling of cheese in, I rolled them up and put them in a baking dish, seam side of the roll down. Once I had six in there, and I probably could have gone 8, I poured on 1/2 a can of store brand enchilada sauce. I saw some recipes to make it from scratch but lazy. On top of that I put the remainder of the ground beef, some diced onion, more cheese followed by the 2nd half of the enchilada sauce.

All that went in to a 350° preheated oven for 20 minutes. I took half a tomato diced it for a side dish.

Beef Enchiladas


They were quite tasty and the process isn't all that hard. Next time I'll probably go with homemade sauce. I didn't measure the cheese used. I suspect I was low compared to normal. That served me just fine. The plate shows three enchiladas. That proved not possible. I ate two. I know what lunch is going to be a couple times this week. You light eaters might want to think about splitting the 2nd enchilada with someone.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home