Friday, November 03, 2006

And So Starts The Winter of Discontent

Yesterday at lunch the restaurant, a THAI RESTAURANT, was playing Christmas music. Today, the building I work at is hanging Christmas lights in the courtyard. Today, we went to one of our usual haunts for lunch. It always plays 93.9FM, The Lite, which is generally a bad music station. Apparently 93.9 has gone to all Christmas music, all the time. We agreed that we won't be going back to City Food until after the new year.

I'm not a big Christmas fan. I'm an atheist so I couldn't care less about any religious aspect of the holiday. I hate crass commercialization which is the other major feature of the season. "You have to go out and buy all the right gifts for people." I enjoy giving people stuff but I hate dealing with all the bullshit around the season.

And I especially hate Christmas music.

It's just way too fucking early to be dealing with this shit. I have softball games yet this week.

1 Comments:

Blogger Iwanski said...

I like your writing very much, even though I like Christmas music and hate the Cardinals.

Great blog.

10:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home