Tuesday, January 09, 2007

2016 Olympics

The USOC is submitting Chicago as a possible contender for the 2016 Summer Olympics to the IOC. As much disruption as this would bring to the city I really, really want to see the Olympics come here. Not necessarily for the games themselves. I've long since lost interest in the Olympics. Instead I want them here for the cachet. To realy showcase the city and bring the international visitors. I know they tend to be economic losers but I'm not sure that is entirely true in the long run.

But the more I consider it, the less chance I think Chicago has. Chicago Illinois politics is based on politicians receiving bribes. The IOC system is based on politicians paying bribes.



It's like oil and water. Never the two shall mix.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home