Thursday, May 26, 2011

Wilson Valdez (1-0)











I haven't put up many baseball posts this year but last night we really had something of note take place.  The Phillies and Reds effectively played a double header when they went 19 innings.  As oft happens in games of this length one team or the other runs out of pitchers.  Last night it was the Phillies.

In comes back up second baseman Wilson Valdez.

They asked me if I could pitch. I said, 'Yeah, why not?' ... I was trying to throw a strike. That's the only thing.

He plunked Scott Rolen but he also closed out the inning for the win.

The hilarious part for me:
Phillies first baseman Ryan Howard put his mitt over his face to hide his smile when Valdez shook off his catcher.

That's awesome!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home