Wednesday, March 21, 2007

John McCain - Confused or Unprincipled

Anyone thinking of supporting John McCain should read this.
“Are we on the Straight Talk express? I’m not informed enough on it. Let me find out. You know, I’m sure I’ve taken a position on it on the past. I have to find out what my position was. Brian, would you find out what my position is on contraception – I’m sure I’m opposed to government spending on it, I’m sure I support the president’s policies on it.”

I mean, does McCain really not know what he thinks about condom use and AIDS prevention? If he is so uninformed that he doesn't have a basic understanding of basic STD prevention then he has no business being in a position of political power. I doubt that's the case.

McCain, for everything else he is, doesn't seem dumb to me. No, I think Mr. Straight Talk was caught off guard by a question that relates to the "Culture Wars" and didn't have a poll tested sound bite ready. He didn't know what to say that might sound moderate and still appease the Christianist voters that will dominate the primaries.

At one time I thought I might be able to accept if not support McCain despite some policy disagreements. No more. His pandering to the Christianists changed that. Now McCain shows that he has no backbone. People will accuse Hillary of saying anything to get elected and I wouldn't refute the accusation. McCain just showed he's rolling in the same muck she is.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home