Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Starting Rotation

The Cards announced their starting rotation on Saturday.
Chris Carpenter
Kip Wells
Adam Wainwright
Brandon Looper
Anthony Reyes


Last I knew, Mark Mulder was expected to return around the All Star Break. Assuming that happens I don't know if I expect Looper or Reyes to be removed from the rotation. I can't disagree with the choices really. They had little choice given the spending constraints they placed on themselves, but this leaves the bullpen decimated. Wainwright and Looper move into the rotation and Josh Kinney will not play this season after having Tommy John surgery. I suppose there are some other young arms that I'm not familiar with but it is a little worrisome.

Still, bring on the season!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home