Thursday, July 17, 2008

When The Rubber Met The Road

After work I went up to the new condo. I dropped off a couple of bag chairs and then went to the local grocery store to get some cold cuts. I haven't been able to move in yet but I can sure as hell sit and have some dinner on my new deck. Plus, there's a cute girl that was supposed to come over and have a beer. Need to provide her with a chair. She had to go to the 'burbs but my roommate to be came by. We sat on the deck, listened to some music, ate and had a couple brews.

About 10PM we called it a night and headed out. I had my bike and headed south on Racine. With the exception of the Belmont intersection, from just south of Addison to Lincoln Ave it was eerily quiet. There were no cars, no el train, no people on the street. Literally all I could here was the wind by my ears and the tires on the road. I live in the city because I love the vitality and the action. I wouldn't want to be any where else. Still last night was such an anomaly. It was just 3 minutes of bliss. I wouldn't give up what I have but it would be nice to have that happen a little more often.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

That is cool--and I know what you mean. I love the city's energy, but a little quiet now and then is kinda nice. :)

6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home